Thursday, November 9, 2017

Kitchen Sink Drain and Home-made Sand Filter.

Plumbing is happening. The two blue lines on the right are the vent and the supply lines, the middle line in the drain.
And here shows the propane hose, should that ever be required. Finishing out the paneling under the sink has been on the to-do list for a while, and recently I bought another piece of paneling to fix some water damage to the ceiling, and there was enough left over to wall up this area too. The re-roofing is finished!!!! Standing seam aluminum instead of the over lapping galvanized metal roofing I used at first, because I didn't have enough of the standing seam. The cut edges rusted and dripped corrosion into the joint of the exterior wall and the roof flashing. Bolts I had attached to the trusses and that penetrated the roof from below, to mount a cedar deck and another rock climbing hand hold.....[ work I did before the injuries of 2015 and that remained unfinished], leaked around the temporary seals I put up there, and rotted the paneling of the ceiling. So, now all that is fixed and this project in the kitchen is done too!
 This is the food grade lidded bucket I used to make the under the sink sand filter, using bulk head unions. On occasion I add alum to the water, and close the spigot on the bottom so the water in the bucket has a chance to suspend the particles and then it comes out less turbulent when I open the spigot and drain the bucket. The owner of a local bakery: Independent Baking Co. gave me the bucket. Thank you!

On wheels for easy moving when it's heavy with wet sand and needs to be cleaned.
Inside: a screen to keep the outlet from getting clogged.
Top inlet port.
Here is the drain air admittance only vent stack assembled.
In position.
Here is the drain connection, with a easy hose disconnect, and a Y filter for one last cleaning pass through, and to make sure no sand gets in the tank below the floor.

This is probably the best job I have ever done threading brass into plastic straight and to full depth.
Hard to see under here but the real motivation for finishing all this was to install these collapsible bike baskets to store the meat grinder and pasta maker in.
 All hooked up to the double sink drain.
 Kind of patriotic, completely in-intentional. Oh, Canada!
 Fixed up an old egg crate with some wheels to store what-not in under the sink that is also easy to move. My work as a stage had has taught me how convenient and easy life can be with stuff is on wheels and you can roll it around. House on wheels full of stuff on wheels. The toilet is on wheels, the storage crate/seat, now the sand filter and this crate. Next the chest freezer.
 Here is the "basement" plumbing access hatch.
 As seen open to check/clean the second Y filter before the pump, the carbon and biological filter...
 And there's lots of room to arrange things underneath, and a second egg basket held up by wood cleats under the counter top, which usually holds dishes that are waiting to be washed. Keeping the dishes in a dry holding state like this helps keep the whole situation more manageable; having things pre-scrapped into the compost bucket and given and wipe to get it all residue free and dry helps keep the washing water less turbulent and easier to filter and recycle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete