Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Healing Arts: Survival of the Fittest

Let me say again that building this house was the A#1 best thing I have made...stress the word THING. This being the second time I have recovered from broken bones, the stability of my home is a blessing that gives me such great strength. Being with my wonderful husband now almost makes it enjoyable at times. Shortly after being discharged we talked about whether this experience was going to break us apart or bring us closer together and what we needed to do in order to survive together. The sucess of being able to talk openly and honestly together, and for our words to have meaning through action is the work that makes this time enjoyable.. Not being able to build and finish up little projects is only annoying at worst. The most painful part has been finding out that friends and neighbors we thought were actually friends and neighbors aren't. The old saying goes that when you're down you find out who your true friends are. We are very thankful to have found those people. Another meaningful expression is that if "friends" were $ I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies"- and that is exactly the case. As painful as it can to see people's true colors as being turdular...we are thankful to get rid of the turds. As some people go we have more focus to share love, respect and enjoy a deeper level of friendship and trust with good people. Plus now we are more resolved than ever to get the fork out of this crazy backwater southern shithole town.
 I am getting stronger, not sure how well the bone is re-growing yet but we'll see next week. I can stand and walk for longer periods and distances, and have regained pretty much my normal flexibility by doing yoga and feldenkrais exercises. Thanks to my friend Pendra for turning me on to the practice so many years ago. Water jogging every other day is huge. The water pressure helps get my heart rate up to force blood through my legs, where I need the tissues to be thriving.
 I used to play the viola, and have been practice again with an instrument given to me by a friend, one that her daughter never really took to and has been living in a forgotten corner. Keeping time with by tapping and lifting my foot has helped quite a lot. So has resuming my sewing work. There will be images of that work soon at www.egretion.blogspot.com. Perhaps it is time to return to this work, and my work as a writer, as my livelihood. For now working the machine peddle is a good work out, and being creative is helping keep my sane.
In the meantime, here's a snippet of Haydn for ya! 
This time has also allowed me to brush up on other fields of interest. I realized I don't know much about biology, chemistry and evolution so I started out with some excellent science explainer videos produced by a fellow named Jon Parry and his animation project "Stated Clearly."  Here's a playlist about evolution and genetics that got me going, and THIS playlist about research into the origins of life has blown my mind! These videos in particular explain the basics of pre-biotic chemistry and the RNA World theory that I found so compelling I had to learn more. So, off to the local library!
Now I am reading "The Origins of Life: From the Birth of Life to the Origins of Language" by John Maynard Smith & Eรถrs Szathmary. Despite the grandeur implied in the title it's a very engaging lay person's read- at only 170 pages! In general as a thought experiment I have a chance now to contemplate how the apparent lack of cooperative brhavior - which in large part I find due to the vast differences between how people present themselves as being cooperative online but in fact behave selfishly, affects our ability to behave collectively to actually help another survive- or in my case, recover. Perhaps the breakdown in the ability to actually copperate in favor of inagining coorperation is a control for forcing actual survival by cooperation. How can any of this be expressed in action if not first the conflict be resolved inside the individual- and then resolved first in a shared reality of language. Language doesn't stand in well for action - which seems all too often to be the go-to assumption these days. All I can say is that in order to recover and stay sane too I realized it was time to delete my Facebook and Instagram accounts. I had only started them to run my business, which has ended because I can't work to keep the permits and insurance current. Returning to the practice of creative self expression is the healthiest, most authentic course of action, which speaks louder than words.

6 comments:


  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    best kitchen sinks providers in Guntur

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesn’t disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy looking for attention. Solar Path Lights Outdoor waterproof Bright Led

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really cute. I like how your only lighting was the lights around the plants. I like how the frogs isn't to dark or to bright is a really nice picture decorative solar jars with lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there any way to access that video of hadyn directly to share with others on my social media? you and your expressions are so sweet and highly worthy of increased exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What whiney dribble. Snowflake crying with run on sentences. Some SIMP married you. Poor bastard. Show me a women without her kid. I'll show you a piece of trash. A writer? Lolz! Stick to dumpster diving and waffle House. Against the patriarchy. Until its time to marry a SIMP. You dont even assume his name. I know. You just want the benefits of marriage. Nothing more. ADD mixed with coffee. Ups and downs all around. You call it creativity. Haha! I have some pix for your SIMP HUBS. Stick to what you know,being a radical feminist whore. And $2.35/hr.+ tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete