Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3 Months till departure.

This is an update post.
I have been in Canada foir the past 3 onths attending to a medical emergency of my son. I have made commitments to the Minisrty of Children and Family Development and also in the Supreme Court of British Columbia that I will be returning to Gorgia, as of today, and make ready my home on wheels to move across the continent and relocate to British Columbia. This, of course has been my aim all along, to have a home that will provide me the stability I need, will allow the life style I prefer and enable me to live in proximity to my son. There is not the much left to do in order to get my home road worthy: I need to connect the plumbing in the basement to the plumbing above the floor, I need to build the wheels wells and finish enclosing the under-belly, and I want to install the solar panel mounting hard ware to the roof before traveling. I have agreed to be in the pacific north-west with my home no later than the end of June of this year. I have 3 months, which is approximately the same time that I have spent in Canada responding to the crisis involing my son. I pray that no other emergencies will develope during the next 3 months, and that in that time I will be able to marshall the resources, courage, strength and help to accomplish this commitment. I am very thankful that the elements of my life that I have poured my heart and soul into are finally consolidating, and that I have receieved so much help, love and support thus far. I very much hope and pray that by passing through this final phase of my life by this work that tensions and complications of the past can be resolved in a produtive, positive, and resolute way. I pray that on the other side of this time I emerge as a woman who can engage to my fullest extent, to share my love and life with the people I love and who share life with me.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me so much over this most intense, amazing and life changing time; in my life, and in the life of my son. The journey is not yet over, there is still hard, yet good work to do, and the next phase is beginning today. My thoughts and energies are lightened by my thanks and prayers. Peace. Love. Power.
 A Canadian Flag, just in case I forget where I am going
 
All my worldly goods + construction supplies stacked and packed

 
Base of operations: 46 square feet


 
Prayer bells. Pull the tassel to the left while praying


 
recycled roofing tiles.. good side will be painted and mounted in wooden frames to become ceiling panels


 
Picture Window


 
Truck to pull trailer 350 dual axe diesel


 
Ready to go!


 
Ready to go for a run and show off his moves!


 
My guardian angel.... Eddie Mathis. My trailer is parked in the industrial district of town, in between the train tracks and the hi-way.. beside a chicken processing plants and a gravel lot where tractor trailers wait for instructions. Eddie keeps his eye on my, to make sure I am safe. I was away for so long he go really worried. First he went to the storage ladies but they wouldn't tel them where I was. Then he went to the police and has had them keeping a look out for me!


 
Me and JP Athens Habitat ReStore


 
Loaded up with crap.. junkin'


 
House where I got the re-claimed roofing tiles


 
House where I got the re-claimed roofing tiles


 
Some of the insulation i bought before I left for Canada got soaked when the traps blew of in a rain storm.


 
Brown thrasher has made it' nest in the wall.


 
Sweating together copper



 
sweating copper plumbing together
 

 
hot and cold water service connections



 
accumulator tanks, hot and cold service for the kitchen


 
connections to PEX adapters under the bathroom floor


 
hot and cold bathroom service connections


 
"Me and my Dog Monkey."
"Me and my Girl"


 
finished bottom trim, starboard side


 
finished bottom trim, port side


 
under belly


 
jack well trim


 
jack well trim + vent


 Hobo Kitchen
 Captain's Chair

1 comment: