Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sycamore Drop-Leaf table

 Jack Hudson is building the only piece of free moving furniture I will have in my home, a narrow drop-leaf table that will store at the end of the chest freezer that is my fridge, and when out will extend to be about 7ish feet long. There will be stools that fit under the table. I love to cook and I love to have people over for dinner, and this will be my dinning room table! It is made from locally harvested spalted sycamore that some knuckle-head chopped down and left to rot when he cleared bog lands for his horses. It was starting to rot when the person called Landus Bennett of Watson Springs to come and mill it up. I can't wait to see the finished piece, and see the house that it will go in. I had better get back to work!









Jack, it's beautiful! I feel so honored! I can't wait to have people over and serve them some home made ravioli on the plates you turned for me, on this beautiful table!

No comments:

Post a Comment