Friday, January 13, 2017

FAQ: Color Mojo

The top 2 questions I get asked about my house are:
Did you build it yourself? 
and
What color are you gonna paint it?
I am not going to paint the metal siding. I like it mottled.
In preparation for the Chinese New Year on the 28th, I set about to paint my doors red. Red doors have a lot of historical significance: protection, welcome, auspicious fortune, and not having a mortgage.
 I am debt free!
I have had enough ill fortune sent my way to last a life time. I am so grateful to live a life of peace and tranquility, stability and sustainability.  
I need protection. 
 I would like to be more welcoming. 
Back in 2011 I volunteered at a local homeless shelter, and one of the shelter clients started stalking me. I had to get a protective order, which he violated, and ever since then I have been very cautious about welcoming people into my home. I would like that to change.
So, for all these reasons I chose a bold red color, I bought a gallon of blue metal paint for $1 @ the end of the year mis-tint sale, so that choice was made for me, and I refinished my decks a darker shade of blue than in previous years. I tried to take some Better Homes and Gardens style shots from the ladder.

 I built a copper framed shelf to go above the stove in the kitchen, in the window with out curtains.




1 comment: