Sunday, July 31, 2011

MY BROTHER'S LOVE IS HOT! 100+ DEGREES!

Putting up the ISO board in this heat has been really difficult, the adhesive of the tape isn't sticking very well. I bought a baton of fiber glass insulation to stuff in between the studs in the nose and around this back window, as it is assembled a little differently than the others and in both cases once the siding is up I won't have access to these spaces again.
So the past days have been spent in major heat playing with fiber glass ( in long sleeves and long pants and gloves!) I finally got the rest of the starboard wall covered with board after three hours of fitting. Yesterday was similarly frustrating. I spent three hours cutting, fitting, taping, and then caulking the ISO board with liquid nails around the nose where the water jugs that feed the kitchen sink go. Then I stood back with my hands on my hips to look at my work: and then I watched it all fall off onto the ground! What a hot *&%^~$#@ mess !!!!!!! I ended up propping it with 2 x 4's, tape, and bungee cords, hoping that it would hold over night, through a thunder storm, until I find someone willing and able to help hold it and the metal in place so I could fasten it up there with screws.
MY BROTHER DANIEL CAME OVER TODAY, AT THE HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY, UPWARDS OF 100 DEGREES, AND CROUCHED ON THE TOP OF THE WALL AND HELD THE METAL IN PLACE WHILE I DRILLED AND SCREWED IT!
HE ALSO USED HIS KARATE TO HELP SHAPE THE METAL AROUND THE CORNERS!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment