Saturday, March 20, 2010

Floor Joists, Scissors Jacks and Running Gear!


We are making good progress getting the trailer up on it's own jacks and wheels, and in the mean while assembling walls. It will really be something getting the cage finished, **hopefully**, including the siding, by the end of APRIL! We are coming up Sunday thru Tuesday, I have kept my job here in Cartersville, and also working full time morning shifts in Athens, getting ready for a show @ The White Tiger in Athens in May, ans creating spring clothes for the stores I sell in. I am featured in this season's issue of Young Foxy and Free magazine, and photo/image magazine. I am wearing a costume made from recycled kimono, that changes into t board game I dreamt up when I was a kid. In the image I have met my long lost friend, a pyramid of gold!

Trial fit up of the tire on the hub...there is plenty of clearance between the tire wall and the chassis frame, and only little 3" interference with the floor joist, so we will only have to make small wheel wells. "whew!"
The new axle set + brake + hub assemblies all ready to mount to the springs and chassis!
Home made floor joist cobbled together from scraps

Shackles and leaf springs in place, the chassis and floor up on it's new frog legs!

Scott working on the sub-assemblies
Measuring for the shackle brackets to be welded in place.
Scott screwing together the nose section

the angle clips that join the joists to the C-channeling
Getting started
The floor assembled!

It's amazing, after five months of scarfing, torch cutting, black-smithing and welding to create the chassis, the floor sub-structure went together in about 2 hours! We drilled and bolted the scissors jacks in place, drilled and tapped the holes for the shackles and bolted the leaf springs and shackles together! Bill made all the joists clips and the end brackets too while I was working in Athens this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment