Saturday, February 23, 2013

Filters and tanks: Plumbing plans

 http://www.sawyer.com/tech-water.html

This is one of the biological filters I want to install in the lines that run from the gutters, and also as a drinking water filter from the main tank. It is called a Sawyer Water Filter, and was first developed as a dialysis filter, and then adapted for back country enthusiasts. It has permanent filter elements and can be easily quick-released from the lines and back washed.. and it removes particles
, bacteria and cysts down to 0.1 & 0.02 micron filtration. This I use to filter my drinking water now, seeing as I haul it all on my bike, gotten from various spigots around town.. There is no telling. These are the filters:three sawyer filters for the rain water lines, and one for drinking water. www.business-connect.comone way in, one way outinside the filter. from www.usplastics.comthree washable part filters... stacks of rings, around a mesh cylinder, with a dense pad of slightly squishy plastic on top. They will filter for complete clarity. One I am going to pack with activated charcoal and use it for drinking water purification.

THE TANKS FINALLY ARRIVED!
I started out laying everything out like it will be, approximately. I still need to build the two accumulator tanks (see this link: http://www.modmyrv.com/2009/06/10/rv-diy-water-accumulator....except I am going to use copper instead of PVC.)
This is the kitchen set up, sans illustration. This is the main set-up, sans illustration and this is the main set up with everything explained!

No comments:

Post a Comment